Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Post # 2

Today is the day I wed Claudius. After a long night of preparations I am ready to leave for the wedding ceremony. I am wearing my mothers Tunica Recta (a traditional white tunic) with my grandmother’s vial. Its very special to me that these things have been passed down the family to me and one day I hope I can give it to my daughter! Well, hopefully my father was right about Claudius having a bright future in politics because if he doesn’t I will find no joy in this marriage!  

4 comments:

  1. I accept your friend request Valeria!
    I'm on your side, but for which it is a wrong doing by marrying you! For you are my cousin! But I'll marry you for which we are meant to be... Your wardrobe sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Valeria, you will be a valuable friend to me.
    Accepted Friend Request

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nero and Clauius for excepting my Friend Request!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Claudius, I don't have such a great feeling about this marriage. She doesn't sound too loyal to me. She is also your cousin...

    Gardner, Jane F., Women in Roman Law and Society, Bloomington and Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 2003

    ReplyDelete